Re: commentting problem when coding in c

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: commentting problem when coding in c
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:42:18 -0500

Ronald wrote:
For example:

for () {                       //comment a
        int i=0;               //comment b
}

but in emacs, I can't use tab to indent the comment, and the code will like:
for () {//comment a
        int i=0;//comment b
}

Howerver, C-q [tab] works, but it is not convenient. So does spaces.

Is there any more convenient way?

tab-always-indent's value is t

Documentation:
*Controls the operation of the TAB key.
If t, hitting TAB always just indents the current line.
If nil, hitting TAB indents the current line if point is at the left margin
  or in the line's indentation, otherwise it insert a `real' tab character.

What's strange is that, for me, the variable is t, but
I'm getting the nil behavior I think you want.