Re: shell problem in emacs

From: Robert D. Crawford
Subject: Re: shell problem in emacs
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:11:28 -0600

Ronald <followait@163.com> writes:

> I'm using a eshell in emacs.
> Can I use ``clear"?

No, it will not work.  One possible solution is to use recenter with an
argument of 0, then issue end-of-line.  One could get creative and
create a function that does the same thing.

(defun eshell-clear ()
  "Mimics the behavior of clear"
  (interactive)
  (recenter 0)
  (end-of-line))

> My .bashrc file doesn't work here, how to apply it to eshell?

That is a good question.  I tried to run 'source' at the eshell prompt,
but that did not work.  Have you looked in the manual?

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

FLASH!
Intelligence of mankind decreasing.
Details at ... uh, when the little hand is on the ....