Re: emacs and buffer switching

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: Re: emacs and buffer switching
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 01:01:29 +0100

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:

> Surely there is a variable that indicates whether winring has been
> initialized yet.  Assuming that variable is called winring-initialized:
>
> (defun ecb-window-configuration ()
>   (if (derived-mode-p 'c-mode)
>       (progn
>       (ecb-activate)
>       (unless winring-initialized
>         (ecb-winman-winring-enable-support)
>         (winring-initialize)))
>     (ecb-deactivate)))
>
> (add-hook 'window-configuration-change-hook 'ecb-window-configuration)

Hi Kevin, the ecb nabble forum is pretty dead/ignored.

This is what I currently have after poking around in the code:

,----
| (defun ecb-init()
|    (interactive)
|    (unless winring-initialized
|      (ecb-minor-mode 0)
|      (ecb-winman-winring-enable-support)
|      (winring-initialize)
|      )
| )
|
| (defun ecb-window-configuration ()
|   (if(derived-mode-p 'c-mode)
|     (ecb-activate)
|     ))
|
| (add-hook 'window-configuration-change-hook 'ecb-window-configuration)
`----

The main problem is that if I call ecb-init from my ".emacs" then the
ecb buffers show up even if starting emacs with no file arguments. Yet,
if I dont call it from .emacs and call it manually from the command
buffer after loading emacs then it does what I want (initialises ecb and
winring without bringing up the frames).

My lisp isnt good enough to figure out the code in ecb.el

Any further help appreciated.