Re: Finding a easy way for prototype tipping

From: Pawel
Subject: Re: Finding a easy way for prototype tipping
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:57:30 +0100

 > reading the info files not the man pages.  To do this, when point is on
 > a function name type C-h C-i and it will jump to the relevant part of
 > the Glibc manual.
when I press C-h C-i on, let's say memset function in my *.c file, I get the
following error:
Symbol's value as variable is void: Info-mode-map

To make sure that info pages contain information on memset I found one with C-h
i, in entry:
* Libc: (libc).                 C library.

That's it

 -- Function: void * memset (void *BLOCK, int C, size_t SIZE)
     This function copies the value of C (converted to an `unsigned
     char') into each of the first SIZE bytes of the object beginning
     at BLOCK.  It returns the value of BLOCK.

Is there something wrong with my system?

Regards