Re: Input of ISO-8859-1 chars Was: No x-faces with emacs 22.0 on XPpro

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Input of ISO-8859-1 chars Was: No x-faces with emacs 22.0 on XPpro
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:02:49 +0100

On 12/15/06, Rud1ger Sch1erz <nospam_tigre@yahoo.es> wrote:

I fiddled around with iso-cvt.el, but anyway I can't figure out the
new concept.

With iso-accents-mode enabled, I could just type `"a' and it was
substituted with `ä' on the fly. That was very convenient, using a
keyboard with English layout to input German characters.

Try adding

(set-input-method 'latin-postfix)

to you .emacs. You can try also with 'german-alt-postfix,
'german-postfix, etc.  "M-x list-input-methods lists" them all. C-\
toggles the current input method on and off.

Hope this helps,

                   /L/e/k/t/u