MySQL exits abnormally in Emacs

From: Corey Foote
Subject: MySQL exits abnormally in Emacs
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:11:29 -0500

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie user to MySQL, and I'm trying to learn how to run an
interactive SQL session through Emacs. I'm using GNU Emacs 22.0 and
MySQL 5.0 under Windows XP.

After typing the following:

1. M-x sql-mysql
2. User: myusername RET
3. Password: mypassword RET
4. Database: mydatabase RET
5. Server: localhost RET

I type my query and press C-c C-c and get the following error:

select now();  C-c C-cnow()
2006-12-14 14:11:25

Process SQL exited abnormally with code 1

It gives the correct result, but the process "exits abnormally" and then
I can't type in any further queries without going through steps 1-5
again. It does not give me this problem when I'm using the terminal
window.

Also, nothing happens when I simply type my query and press RET. It
seems I have to type C-c C-c in order to get any results.

Any solutions you could offer would be most appreciated. I'd much
rather stay in Emacs to work with SQL, rather than having to jump back
and forth to the terminal window.

Thank you for your help,

Corey Foote
coreyfoote@hotmail.com

Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces friends module. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk