Re: Why I can't use `info' in emacs?

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: Re: Why I can't use `info' in emacs?
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 23:30:08 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com>
>> Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:21:32 +0100
>> >
>> > The most common reason I have for looking at API docs is to remind me
>> > of the order of arguments in a function.  Mostly I can remember the
>> > functions purpose.  We're all different.
>> >

>> Hence the man page is superior :-;
>
> The information about the arguments is there in the Info manual as
> well.

Again : Did you *read* the excerpts I posted coming up from the code? As a first
page context help, the man page is superior to the info file node which
first appears. From a programming perspective. Here it is again :

(a) man page using manual-entry(current-word):

,----
| PRINTF(3)                                      Linux Programmer’s Manual
                               PRINTF(3)

| NAME
|        printf, fprintf, sprintf, snprintf, vprintf, vfprintf, vsprintf,
vsnprintf - formatted output conversion

| SYNOPSIS
|        #include <stdio.h>
|
|        int printf(const char *format, ...);
|        int fprintf(FILE *stream, const char *format, ...);
|        int sprintf(char *str, const char *format, ...);
|        int snprintf(char *str, size_t size, const char *format, ...);
|
|        #include <stdarg.h>
|
|        int vprintf(const char *format, va_list ap);
|        int vfprintf(FILE *stream, const char *format, va_list ap);
|        int vsprintf(char *str, const char *format, va_list ap);
|        int vsnprintf(char *str, size_t size, const char *format, va_list ap);
|
| DESCRIPTION
|        The  functions  in  the  printf() family produce output according to a
format as described below. The functions
|        printf() and vprintf() write output to stdout, the standard output
stream; fprintf() and vfprintf() write  out‐
|        put to the given output stream; sprintf(), snprintf(), vsprintf() and
vsnprintf() write to the character string
|        str.

`----

(b) info entry:

,----