RE: way to quickly jump to functions using menu created by mouseclicks

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: way to quickly jump to functions using menu created by mouseclicks
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 08:51:46 -0800

> > > i am looking for easily configurable way using mouse-clicks to
> > > preferably
> > > open-up a menu of function-names in the current-buffer and
> jump to that
> > > function on selecting the menu item.
> >
> > * A menu-bar menu "Defs" for Imenu - use only the mouse.
> > http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/imenu%2b.el
>
> basically i wanted to see a menu of functions using my mouse.
> i couldn't figure out how to get imenu or imenu+ to do that.
> may be i am missing something on how to use the imenu or imenu+
> packages. any pointers on the documentation are highly appreciated.
> thanks,-badari

I'm not sure what you mean. Imenu+ gives you a menu-bar menu, Defs, of
function (and variable etc.) definitions, which you can access using the
mouse. However, it does this only for Lisp. Perhaps you are looking for
something that does the same thing for a different language? If so, you
might be able to figure out how to do that (using Emacs Lisp), based on how
Imenu+ does it for Lisp.

To be sure we're communicating, does Imenu+ do what you want for Emacs-Lisp
files (*.el) at least? If not, try explaining again what it is that you are
looking for.