Re: I think the doc in emacs is too simple in someplaces

From: Robert D. Crawford
Subject: Re: I think the doc in emacs is too simple in someplaces
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 03:33:50 -0600

Ronald <followait@163.com> writes:

> Opps, after installing emacs22, C-h i reports : Recursive `require'
> for feature `sb-info'...

Is this something that you have referenced in your .emacs file with a
'require'?  I am running emacs 22 and am having no such problems.

If there is a possibility that this is caused by something in your
.emacs file, start emacs with the -q option to see if .emacs is the
culprit.

>>> And the description about ARG is repeated everywhere, I supposed it's
>>> not good.
>>
>> Not sure why you would think this.  What it means is that if you invoke
>> the command like so:

[snip]

> I mean this can be true implicitly, and it's not good for
> maintaining. So any good reason?

Because this is not the case with every command.

Maybe I misunderstand what you are trying to say.  Eli Z. seemed to
agree with you that this is a problem that needs to be brought to the
attention of the devel team, and on the basis of his activity in this
group alone he seems to be a much more knowledgeable fellow than I.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

<taniwha> i'd solve a windows key problem with fdisk :)