Re: Parsing compilation error/warning not possible.

From: william . a . george
Subject: Re: Parsing compilation error/warning not possible.
Date: 20 Dec 2006 00:58:17 -0800

william.a.george@gmail.com wrote:
> Robert Thorpe skrev:
>
> > william.a.george@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > > I'm using Emacs on WindowsXP.
> > > I make compilations through emacs with an own written Makefile. The
> > > compilation result is presented on a new buffer. It should be possible
> > > to click on the error or warning message to go directly to the
> > > corresponding line in the file where the error is.
> > > But I can't make it happen. I have read a little bit about this, and
> > > what I could find is something about (compilation-error-regexp-alist)
> > > that should fix this in someway.
> > > Can anyone tell me how this should be done?
> >
> > Generally you do M-x compile
> > Then enter the command to make the program, eg "make"
> > Then you can select the errors one at a time by pressing C-x `
> >
> > This will only work if your compiler emits messages in a format
> > understood by Emacs compile-mode.
>
> Thanks for your response.
> The compilation part is OK. The problem is that it is not possible to
> select the errors in any way. Not by C-x or clicking mouse 2 button or
> any other way.
> The question is if my compiler is emitting messages in a format that is
> understood by emacs compile-mode, as you said.
> How can I make the compile-mode to understand my compiler messages?

Hi again.
I wanted to show the syntax for errors and warnings generated by my
compiler:
terminal.c:
  5946:         while ( (*buf_p != ':') && (*buf_p != CR) && (*buf_p != '\0')
)
E  42: syntax error, expecting statement
  5997: }
W  68: function "GetIntelHex": parameter "stream" not used
W 183: variable 'content_p' possibly uninitialized
total errors: 1, warnings: 2

Maybe this can help in case emacs doesn't understand the compilers
generated errors/warnings.