Re: Dired vs MC

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Dired vs MC
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 12:42:37 +0200

> From: Mathias Dahl <brakjoller@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:09:04 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Tramp works for me very well in NTEmacs v22, with PuTTY.
>
> That sounds really interesting! You don't by any chance have any
> "recipe"? I use both PuTTY and CVS Emacs.

Doesn't it work for you out of the box?  If not, what are the
symptoms?

The only thing that could be considered as a ``recipe'' is that I have
set up a session in PuTTY for the machine to which I connect, with
some non-default settings.  But I don't think it's relevant to my
ability to use Tramp, and otherwise it ``just works''.  Tramp has full
support for PuTTY, you will see plink and pscp mentioned in tramp.el.