Installing planner mode for Emacs on Windows?

From: Endless Story
Subject: Installing planner mode for Emacs on Windows?
Date: 23 Dec 2006 12:38:35 -0800

Another thing I'd like to do in Emacs for Windows. On Linux I've never
had a problem with adding packages, but despite much Googling I haven't
been able to find any instructions for doing the same on Windows.

The README that comes with planner mode is written for Linux/Unix. I
tried using Cygwin but made a mess of things. What I would prefer is a
straightforward Windows-centric approach - if such a thing exists.