Re: how to get this file to work? (another newbie question)

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: how to get this file to work? (another newbie question)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 02:48:03 +0100

ocelot1970@gmail.com wrote:
Peter Dyballa wrote:
Am 24.12.2006 um 22:21 schrieb ocelot1970@gmail.com:

The problem is, I don't know where to store this file to make this
work.
When you put it into a location as described in the variable load-
path, you can require it, or use load-library. You can put it
anywhere and load it with load-file. You can even load it into GNU
Emacs from the command line ...

Thank you generously for the response. But I do not understand. I do
not see 'load-library' or 'load-file' anywhere, because the file manu
has 'open file' and 'insert file.' Please what is the key-binding for
either load-path or load-library, or how could I find out if there
wasn't a newsgroup here?

The good place to start to learn is usually in Info, a hypertext documentation system inside Emacs. You reach it by typing

   C-h r

or via the menus

   Help - Read the Emacs Manual

(This is how it looks in Emacs 22, now in pretest.)

Another starting place might be http://www.EmacsWiki.org/.

Interactive commands (load-library is that) can be called like

   M-x load-library