Re: Installing planner mode for Emacs on Windows?

From: Endless Story
Subject: Re: Installing planner mode for Emacs on Windows?
Date: 26 Dec 2006 02:48:10 -0800

I managed to get this done and am up and running with Planner 3.40 on
Windows.

Here's what happened: After lots of Googling, including a search of the
archives of the planner.el-discuss mailing list, I realized that one of
the dependencies for the latest versions of Planner is an equally
recent version of Muse. I first tried an older version of Muse without
realizing it, but it lacked some newer code that allows other apps to
build on Muse functionality, including Planner. Once I realized my
mistake and aligned the versions, I was able to use Cygwin to make &&
make install both Planner and Muse inside the correct site-lisp
directory for my non-Cygwin install of Emacs.