Re: help system question

From: H.
Subject: Re: help system question
Date: 27 Dec 2006 05:55:36 -0800

> Please look inside the directory where buff-menu.elc is installed on
> your system (if you don't know where that is, then the value of the
> load-path variable will list all the possible places).  Do you see
> buff-menu.el there?  If not, that is the cause of your problem:
> whoever installed Emacs on your system removed the *.el files.
>
> Btw, what version of Emacs is that?  ("M-x emacs-version RET" will
> tell you, if you don't know.)

Thanks. I see the problem now. I'm a student at UC Berkeley, and using
a version of cygwin provided internally which contains only a subset of
gnu emacs. To prevent these kind of snafus in the future, I am now
going to download a full and recent version.

btw, the version listed is:
GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X-toolkit) of 2004-03-22 on cm-test