Re: gnu vs. xemacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: gnu vs. xemacs
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:25:47 +0100

insert name <nospam@nospam.org> writes:

> H. wrote:
>> I was just curious why people in this community prefer gnu over
>> xemacs, or if that is the case, and, whatever your preference is,
>> why you feel that way. I'm neutral myself, being just a
>> beginner. All opinions welcome. For instance, perhaps these
>> difference forks are good for different things...?
>
> Emacs has much more documentation both on the web and in hard copy.

Actually, given the amount of partly outdated, partly wrong junk you
can find for anything on the web and in hard copy, this is not
particularly persuasive.  However, Emacs comes with _integrated_
documentation (which you can also print out if necessary) that is, in
my opinion, more comprehensible, complete and up to date than the
respective integrated documentation of XEmacs.