Re: modified xcscope.el

From: Fang lun gang
Subject: Re: modified xcscope.el
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 18:42:04 +0800

   Thorsten> So I propose to

   Thorsten>    - contact Darryl Okahata and ask if he is willing to
   Thorsten> include your changes. This would mean that the xcscope.el

I've written to Darryl a week ago according two email addresses in the
xcscope and get no response. Maybe he had changed company and hence
the email. Meanwhile, I'm so eager to share my work with you :) .

   Thorsten>   - create a xcscope+.el (or whatever, Drew Adams wrote a
   Thorsten> think you are not really changing anything but put in some
   Thorsten> additions. xcscope+.el could simply require xcscope.el. So
   Thorsten> this solution is feasible, too.

But I did modified several functions of xcscope. Most modification are
just one line or so. Maybe that is why you didn't notice them. Since I'm
new to elisp, I'm wondering could I put all function I modified (and
added) into xcscope+ so that they will overwrite the original ones in
xcscope? If I could, maybe xcscope+ is also a good idea.

Anyway, I thought the best way is that Darryl sees my code and decides
to adopt it into official xcscope. (And that would be my honor)

Thank you,

--
Fang lungang