Something like read-file-into-string needed

From: haws
Subject: Something like read-file-into-string needed
Date: 5 Jan 2007 10:57:36 -0800

Hello everyone!

I've been trying out the snippet.el package which lets you insert
templates nicely.
But now I have a "big" template (like 100 lines) that I don't want to
put inline in my lisp function.
Instead, I'd like to have it in a file, and read this file contents
into a string.
Once in a string, I could use the regular command, snippet-insert, to
insert my template.
I've found no way to do that (only to insert the file into a buffer,
which doesn't solve my problem.)

Any tips, ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo