Re: Recommend an email index tool for Emacs?

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Recommend an email index tool for Emacs?
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 13:58:15 -0800

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> Now I got a few thousands of emails on my harddisk. I tried grep once
> and it is not very fast. Thus do you think an indexing tool is handy
> and which one to go?

I use swish++, but mairix and namazu are also good choices.

MH-E handles these search engines out of the box. See
http://mh-e.sourceforge.net/manual/html/Searching.html#Searching

On my laptop, swish++ indexes my "latest" 45,000 messages for 570 MB
in a couple of minutes so I do it a couple of times a day.