Color-theme and Ubuntu - all recent versions of both

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Color-theme and Ubuntu - all recent versions of both
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:57:04 +0100

Hello,

I just installed Ubuntu Edgy 6.10, and still experiences
problems with color-theme (versions 6.5.4, 6.5.5 and 6.6.0)
under Emacs Snapshot (GTK).

I see some of my colors sometimes (for example, when editing my
.emacs file), but it's never ever applied to my Group buffer. In
other words, I cannot tell anymore which groups contain or not
unread mails (as I expect them to become bold if they contain
unread material).

See an example on http://www.mygooglest.com/sva/Screenshot.png.

I really need to be able to use both of those great stuff... So
good.

Can somebody preciously try to help me?

Many thanks in advance,
  Seb

PS1- BTW, I must admit that list-colors-display only returns
     black on white characters. Nothing's colored anymore in that
     results buffer! See the above mentionned image.

PS2- I had no problem with Emacs 21.

--
Sébastien Vauban