Re: questions about columns

From: haws
Subject: Re: questions about columns
Date: 11 Jan 2007 11:08:48 -0800

I can answer the first one:

You have to pass the argument before calling the function, like this:
Type C-8 C-0 C-u

Then, as soon as you type M-x, you will see an 80 preceding it in the
minibuffer.
That will be the argument to the function you want to call.

(Btw, you can use numeric arguments for a lot of commands. For example,
try typing C-5 C-n to go not 1, but 5 lines down)

Another good tip if you're a beginner is the key sequence C-h k,
followed by any other key sequence. This will describe what that
keybindings does.
For example, if I type C-h k C-u, I'll get:

C-u runs the command universal-argument
[...]
Begin a numeric argument for the following command.

--
Hope you could understand me!

Hugo