Re: MY window tree!

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: MY window tree!
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:20:13 +0100

michael@cadilhac.name (Michaël Cadilhac) writes:

> Hi!
>
> I've been playing around with window-tree to do the following :
> - On M-x foo, a window is created on the extreme left of the frame,
> containing a buffer called *Bar*,
> - On M-x foo again, with the buffer *Bar* on the left, this window is
> removed.
>
> Problem is, this can't be done with a simple split. So my first idea
> was to reduce the frame to one window, split it: left would be *Bar*
> and restore the window-tree in the right part.
>
> Of course, this can't work, because if I use delete-other-windows, the
> windows are ... deleted. So, can't be restored.
>
> I can't find a way to do this simply, and I wonder if there is :-)
>
> How would you do?

Just to be sure there's no misunderstanding, what I try to do is :

___________
|    |    |
| 1  | 2  |
|____|____|
|         |
|    3    |
|_________|

to become

___________
|  |  |   |
| R|  3   |

Not for the UPPER window, in fact.

TIA !

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac     |  (\(\  This is the cute bunny virus,   |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007     |  (^.^)  please copy this into your     |