query-replace-regexp-yank

From: Andreas Roehler
Subject: query-replace-regexp-yank
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:15:09 +0100

Hi all,

Lets assume, expression

`  (interactive "*p\np")'

shall be catched by `isearch-forward-regexp'
and changed by `query-replace-regexp'

In the first case I could copy this list at place and yank it via
M-y into the minibuffer, where it will be taken by
search-function. Thus I can do repeated C-M-s to find all the
designated lists in buffer.

If I try to change them, calling `query-replace-regexp', M-y
works too, but no match afterwards.

Thats because in the first case backlashes and `*` are provided
with a (second) backlash to escape them.

Is there a way to procede that way with `query-replace-regexp'
yanked search-input too?

At the moment I use `isearch-yank-kill' to insert
regexps into the `query-replace-regexp' minibuffer to
have them quoted as necessary.

Thanks

__
Andreas Roehler