Re: Changing control keys

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Changing control keys
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:53:12 +0100

A very relevant OS setting is "sticky modifiers/keys":

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/StickyModifiers

HS wrote:
Most people do that by changing OS settings, isn't that a solution for
you?

H. escreveu:

Unforuntately,  left hand lacks the agility to press Ctrl and X without
diverging from the home position, and the lab keyboards at my
university lack a Ctrl key on the right.

Therefore, my two questions:
1. I assume it's possible to change individual commands to use
CAP-LOCKS instead of Ctrl, but could someone please remind me how this
is done?
2. Is there a way to universally change all commands that use one
control key to use another? (In this case, CTRL --> CAPS LOCK).

Thanks!