RE: Tagging Code

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Tagging Code
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:51:47 -0800

> > Can select piece of code and tag it like the web2.0 tagging
> > applications and refer it later or do bunch of other things such as
> > seeing all code with similar tag at once etc..
> >
> > It would serve more purpose compared to bookmark or
> > point-to-register.  For example, I can see the part of the code,
> > which is not tagged yet.  You can apply similar tag to multiple
> > segments etc..
>
> Check this out:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/FileProps

IIUC, those tags are per-file; there is no way to tag part of a file.

See also Icicles multiple regions, which are tagged (and persistent). They
are similar to bookmarks, but they apply to any buffers, not just file
buffers, and they delimit a section of text (start and end), not just a
position. You can use the same tag for any number of Icicles regions.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles_-_Multiple_Regions