Re: Backing up buffers

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Backing up buffers
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:27:22 +0200

> From: "HS" <hugows@gmail.com>
> Date: 19 Jan 2007 09:53:35 -0800
>
> I'm trying to find out if  there's a way to configure Emacs so that
> buffers with no file associated could also be silently  backuped.

What do you mean by ``backuped'' here?  Backup is something you do to
preserve the original version of a file when the modified version is
written to disk.  Buffers that don't have an associated file cannot
possibly overwrite an existing file, so there's nothing to backup.

Do you perhaps mean some kind of auto-save, whereby the buffers that
don't have an associated file are saved to disk where you can find
them in case Emacs crashes?  If so, I think you want to look into
turning auto-save on in those buffers, not backup them.

Or are you looking for something else?  If so, please tell more
details.