Re: How to apply a minor mode to all buffers

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: How to apply a minor mode to all buffers
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 19:41:11 +0100

Robert Thorpe wrote:

I think it would be useful is Emacs had some more general hooks than
the ones it has a present, for example:-
progmodes-hook - A hook ran whenever a programming language mode starts
plain-text-modes-hook - A hook ran by text-mode,
paragraph-indent-text-mode etc
formatted-text-modes-hook - A hook ran by tex-mode, nroff-mode,
sgml-mode etc

This would provide the functionality with less code than hooking many
modes. It would avoid the problem of weird minor modes affecting
temporary buffers and things like M-x snake.

I might write that sometime, but I can't right now.

Did you look at `after-change-major-mode-hook'?