Search like VIM

From: CloudStrife
Subject: Search like VIM
Date: 23 Jan 2007 07:46:32 -0800

I need to search a lot for variables in script and the way VIM handles
searching is much more comfortable than how emacs handles, i.e. aftr
"/<var-name> RET" all the occurances are highlighted and they remain
that way. Pressing "n" anytime will take you to next occurance.
In emacs once any key other that C-s or C-r is pressed the highlight
goes off and we nees "C-s C-s" to get it bak Is there a solution to
keep it highlighted always (atleast this if not the "n" also, which can
b replaced by "C-s C-s")
Thanks
Cloud