Re: UK date format in Dired

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: UK date format in Dired
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 06:15:26 +0000

Harald,

Thanks for the help, but yes I am on Windows, and all OS regional settings are already set up for the UK.

Graham

On 24/01/07, Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@math.ntnu.no> wrote:
+ "Graham Smith" < myotisone@gmail.com>:

| Is it possible to get Dired to show dates in UK format.

Should be possible, if you can talk ls into doing so.  Possibly just
setting the appropriate locale variable (LC_TIME) in the environment
will do the trick.

To use another ls than the first one in PATH, set the variable
insert-directory-program to its pathname.  And set the variable
dired-listing-switches to the command line switches you need (as a
single string; will be converted to a list by the shell).

Oh, if you're on windows this won't help, and neither can I.

--
* Harald Hanche-Olsen     <URL: http://www.math.ntnu.no/~hanche/>
  -- Bertrand Russell