Re: Alt-v behavior near beginning of buffer

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Alt-v behavior near beginning of buffer
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 01:47:03 -0700

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
I am trying to figure out how to create a new function that will scroll
up a screen if possible, or go the beginning of the buffer otherwise; I
would then bind this to M-v.  Ultimately, I want to have the corollary
behavior for C-v.

I can't figure out how to test whether it is possible to scroll up/down
an entire screen.  I found (goto-char (point-min/max)) , so that part
should be okay.

(if (pos-visible-in-window-p (point-min))
    (beginning-of-buffer)
  (scroll-down))

--
Kevin Rodgers