Re: Local variables not being defined

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: Local variables not being defined
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:20:50 +0100

+ ken <gebser@speakeasy.net>:

| I've got the following at the end of the current buffer (an html file,
| if that matters):

It does matter, because your HTML won't be valid.

| <!--
| Local variables:
| html-helper-timestamp-end: "hhmts end -->"
| html-helper-timestamp-start: "<!-- hhmts start"
| End:
| -->

>From the HTML point of view, this contains two comments with this text
between them:

"
html-helper-timestamp-start: "

You might wish to just omit the > and < characters from the two
strings to avoid confusing the HTML parser.

Apart from that, though, your example works for me.  Must be some
other reason why it doesn't work for you.

  -- Bertrand Russell