Re: Doing a file filter with grep

From: Jan Sacharuk
Subject: Re: Doing a file filter with grep
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:35:09 -0700

I did, but it didn't appear to turn up anything useful. I'll take a look at your suggestion when I get in to work. Thanks. :)

JS

On Jan 26, 2007, at 6:09 AM, Kim F. Storm wrote:

"RealityMonster" <jan.sacharuk@gmail.com> writes:

So I've been getting find and grep working on my WinXP system with
emacs. I can finally properly search for files and search in files for the things that I want. I'd like, however, to put a file filter on it,
so I can search just through .h files or .cpp files.

On the command line, I'd do something like this:

grep -r Pattern `find . -name *.cpp`

Try M-x rgrep

 (available only in Emacs 22).

Any help here? Does emacs already do what I want somewhere else? M-x
apropos find is understandably enormous.

So why didn't you try this :-)
   C-h a grep RET

--
Kim F. Storm  http://www.cua.dk