Re: emacs and PuTTY

From: John Oliver
Subject: Re: emacs and PuTTY
Date: 26 Jan 2007 21:31:43 GMT

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:06:29 +0000, Springfield wrote:
> Putty and Emacs get along ok, I expect the problem is with the terminal
> type that Emacs is using. What is the value of (getenv "TERM") from
> within Emacs? What OS is the host running?

RHEL4

I don't know how to "getenv TERM" inside of emacs... I'm a vi user :-D
I just had to Google to figure out how to get out of the damn thing :-)

I looked in the .emacs for the user in question, and there's no TERM
set, so I assume he's using whatever the default is.

--
* John Oliver                              http://www.john-oliver.net/ *