Re: Splitting window displayed in special frame

From: rgb
Subject: Re: Splitting window displayed in special frame
Date: 29 Jan 2007 06:39:18 -0800

> > I'ts hard to say if this is a bug or there is a good reason but
> > special-display-popup-frame creates the frame like this:
>
> > (make-frame (append args special-display-frame-alist))
>
> > If unsplitable is non-nil in special-display-frame-alist it will
> > appear after your nil version - which gets supplied from args.
>
> > Making the frame happens in C code so I can't be sure
> > exactly how and why but the conflict between the 2 sources
> > of parameters is almost certainly the cause.
> > If you're curious, look at x_get_arg, otherwise
> > you might try reporting it as a bug and see what they say.Interesting
> > answer. Does that mean, there is currently no possibility
> for me to change the behaviour?
> I understand this: setting  unsplittable  is ignored because of the
> way the special frame is created.
> In that case it is definately a bug.
>
> No, I am not THAT curious.  :-)

Well I somehow I was.
The way I read it, the value you want should be the one
getting returned...  So perhaps a bug report is in order.
Whereever it is, it's not obvious to me.

  tem = Fassq (param, alist);

  if (!NILP (tem))
    {
      /* If we find this parm in ALIST, clear it out
         so that it won't be "left over" at the end.  */
#ifndef WINDOWSNT /* w32fns.c has not yet been changed to cope with
this.  */
      Lisp_Object tail;
      XSETCAR (tem, Qnil);
      /* In case the parameter appears more than once in the alist,
         clear it out.  */
      for (tail = alist; CONSP (tail); tail = XCDR (tail))
        if (CONSP (XCAR (tail))
            && EQ (XCAR (XCAR (tail)), param))
          XSETCAR (XCAR (tail), Qnil);
#endif
    }
  else
    tem = Fassq (param, Vdefault_frame_alist);
// irrelevant   if (EQ (tem, Qnil)) snipped.
  return Fcdr (tem);