Re: How to disable "_i" insertion on signals in emacs VHDL mode

From: Nicolas Matringe
Subject: Re: How to disable "_i" insertion on signals in emacs VHDL mode
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:13:54 +0100

chris.plachta@gmail.com a écrit :
Hi,

Does anyone know how to disable the automatic insertion of "_i" on
signals that are connect to a instance port map?

For example, when I use the vhdl-paste-port-instance command on a
model with the ports called "rst_l" and "clk", it gives me this:

instance: clk_model
  port map (
      rst_l => rst_l_i,
      clk   => clk_i);

I want to get rid of the "_i" convention and use identical names for
the port and the signal.

Hi
I still don't know the actual variable name ...
See VHDL>Options>Port>Actual Port Names...

Nicolas