slrn and emacsclient

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: slrn and emacsclient
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 12:40:29 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to get emacsclient set up as my editor for slrn. This
arrangment works well for mutt, but it's a little rough with slrn as I
have it configured.

Posting from slrn calls emacsclient, but not in mail mode. When I
finish I have to save the message, kill the buffer, confirm kill the
buffer even though it still has clients, switch to the slrn window,
control-c to get past "waiting for Emacs", and then finally post the
message.

With mutt I just C-x k the message and switch to the mutt window,
which is waiting for me to send the message. How do I get the same
functionality with slrn?

I know, I should probably be using gnus instead from inside emacs, but
I couldn't quite get that working. Eventually I'll sort it out, but
the mutt-like interface of slrn is familiar.

Oh, and here's the relevant part of my .emacs:

;; mutt and mail stuff:
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("/mutt" . mail-mode))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("/slrn" . mail-mode)) ;; just a guess!

(defun my-mail-mode-hook ()
     (auto-fill-mode 1)
     (abbrev-mode 1)
     (local-set-key "\C-Xk" 'server-edit))
(add-hook 'mail-mode-hook 'my-mail-mode-hook)

--
Regards,

Tyler Smith