Re: slrn and emacsclient

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: slrn and emacsclient
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:09:02 GMT

> On 2007-02-01, Maarten Bergvelt <bergv@math.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>

>> I think it is distracting to need to move my attention from the
>> terminal window running slrn/mutt to the emacs window and back.  This
>> setup works also over ssh, which is very important for me.
>>
>> hth.
>
> It is a bit distracting, so the -nw route may be what I switch
> to. Thanks very much!

Wow, that is much better than jumping to another window for all my
mail! I will try that out over the next few days. The mode hooks in my
.emacs still work, it pops me right into mail mode. How can I do that
for slrn? Also, is there any way to get my alt key to work in a
terminal window? It feels like I'm missing a finger without it...

--
Regards,

Tyler Smith