Re: Emacs Printer Issues

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs Printer Issues
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 01:13:02 +0100

Am 01.02.2007 um 00:51 schrieb Bill:

(ps-print-header t) '

This function or variable does not exist for my version of Carbon Emacs (the Japanese package).

(ps-print-header-frame nil)

This function or variable does not exist for my version of Carbon Emacs (the Japanese package).

(ps-printer-name "HP_1022")

This variable name is an internal one. What you can do, is set printer-name:

        (setq printer-name "HP_1022")

(This is legal Emacs Lisp; I don't know for sure whether you are citing valid ELisp statements or their idea.) For me this works for an imaginary printer I installed as an IPP client: the print form shows initially that printer queue's name – if it is set as the default printer! This flaw might come from Mac OS X and its print GUI.

As a work-around you can invoke on the command line

        lpotions -d HP_1022

print from Carbon Emacs and re-set the default printer ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

Globalisation -- communism from above.