Re: OT -- An extremely dumb curiosity question?

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Re: OT -- An extremely dumb curiosity question?
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 00:51:33 +0800

I am an Emacs newbie though I tested the water 15 years ago. At that
time I felt it's very interesting and too difficult to learn. I was a
boy just graduated from university.

Fours years ago, I began to learn to use Emacs seriously. Mostly Gnus for
news reading and archiving emails.

Now I switched to only use Gnus as email client, and dumped Mail.app
under MacOSX, and Evolution under GNU/Linux.

And learning to use Org mode for work notes, planning etc. In office,
besides OOo for documents and spreadsheets, Emacs is almost the only app
I use. Sure I need offlineimap to sync emails from several IMAP accounts
to my notebook and home Mac, and msmtp for email sending since I need
send email from several addresses.

Recently I tested Bongo, and found it's very interesting. Plan to use it
to play music.

Sure ERC for chatting though I seldom do online chatting. I am seeking a
sound solution to do MSN chat within Emacs (for work communication).
Just feel erc+bitlbee is too complicated. I wonder if emacs-jabber can
do this. I need time to look into this.

Emacs is full of fun. Sadly I mostly use it for serious purposes.