Re: OT -- An extremely dumb curiosity question?

From: Robert D. Crawford
Subject: Re: OT -- An extremely dumb curiosity question?
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:28:21 -0600

William Case <billlinux@rogers.com> writes:

> What are all you people doing with emacs ?

I do everything with emacs.  I use emacs via emacspeak.  emacspeak is an
eyes-free environment that allows the visually impaired to use their
computers as a rich and powerful auditory desktop.

I am running X and emacs starts immediately, much like a window
manager.  From there I use:

gnus as mail / news / rss reader

emacs/w3 and emacs-w3m to surf the web

nxml mode for html authoring

php-mode

emacs-lisp-mode for emacs lisp

bmk-mgr mode for keeping up with web bookmarks between the browsers

and so much more.

I do all the things other computer users do.  I have to edit config
files.  I listen to music using a mode in emacspeak for mplayer.  I
listen to streaming audio.  You name it, emacs is where I do it.

Take care,
rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed.
                -- Christopher Morley