Re: How to apply a minor mode to all buffers

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to apply a minor mode to all buffers
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:46:16 +0100

On 9 Feb 2007 03:48:06 -0800, Robert Thorpe wrote:

Possible solution that would keep elisp programmers and users
happy ...
* Create a new mode, something like absolutely-fundamental-mode.  Make
this the mode that get-buffer-create gives a buffer when it is
created, give it no hooks.  This should sort out elisp problems.

I'd recommend sending this suggestion to the emacs-devel list.

* Put the patch back that you have just reverted

I hope that's the generic you, because I didn't revert it :)

Anyway, I think the patch wasn't exactly working. At least I tried it
and the hook didn't get run in all cases that I would've expected it
to.

                   /L/e/k/t/u