Re: font-lock-add-keywords confusion

From: Þorne
Subject: Re: font-lock-add-keywords confusion
Date: 10 Feb 2007 06:41:15 -0800

On Feb 10, 6:25 am, "Þorne" <ego...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having major trouble understanding the documentation on faces--
> specificallyfont-lock-add-keywords.

That's for sure.

Sorry, nevermind.  I obviously didn't understant the types of the
arguments.

So, in case anyone searches and finds this, the answer is, the face
name needs to be quoted, as in:

(font-lock-add-keywords nil
  '(("foo" 0 'underline)))

The stock font-lock face names (like font-lock-builtin-face, etc) all
are symbols that point to themselves (or something like that) and so
are more-or-less self-quoting.  Kinda strange, at least for a lisp
newbie.