Re: OT -- An extremely dumb curiosity question?

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: OT -- An extremely dumb curiosity question?
Date: 10 Feb 2007 11:00:02 -0600

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, eliz@gnu.org wrote:
>> From: "Robert Thorpe" <rthorpe@realworldtech.com>
>> Date: 9 Feb 2007 09:26:56 -0800
>>
>> If I didn't interact with so many people who use Outlook I'd probably
>> use it for email.
>
> What prevents you from using Emacs for email, even though your
> correspondents use Outlook?  In other words, what's so special with
> Outlook that Emacs cannot cope with?

Not whom you responded to, but for me, to configure Outlook I needed to
know the server and security configurations as well as if it supported
pop or IMAP and all of those questions were things that got the email
admins suspicious of my activities and brought questions from my bosses
and so I would shy away from it.  They did not want to hear that I was
using a different client than everybody else.

The other reason is that the most important thing about Outlook is the
calendar and I had no idea how to get Gnus to deal with that.

--
Galen Boyer