Re: OT -- An extremely dumb curiosity question?

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: OT -- An extremely dumb curiosity question?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:23:21 +1100

William Case <billlinux@rogers.com> writes:

> Hi Tim:
>
>> Like you say you want, now I live from one self-imposed project to the
>> next.
>
> One of my self-imposed projects is to see if I can post something
> without typos or niggly grammar mistakes.
>
> (Please disregard any misplaced commas or semi-colons on the previous
> post).
> --
Hi Bill,

don't worry too much about it. People tend to knock out responses on the
Internet with speed - grammar, spelling etc, tend to be forsaken for speed and
a more relaxed conversational tone. I have no real opinion regarding whether
this is a bad thing or not, but at least it isn't geting as wild as text
messaging on phones - now thats approaching a new language! We also see a lot
of posts from people whith something other than english as their native
language. As long as its not too hard to understand the point being made,
grammar, punctuation and spelling are less critical IMO. Others will disagree.

regards,

Tim
--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au