Re: multiple inf files?

From: rgb
Subject: Re: multiple inf files?
Date: 12 Feb 2007 05:58:39 -0800

On Feb 12, 7:51 am, "rgb" <rbiel...@i1.net> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 6:35 am, Hadron <hadronqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why would my "info" interface (C-h i) show multiple info files for many
> > of the sections? How would I query the physical info file location from
> > the info interface?
>
> It's stored in the variable Info-current-file.
> So M-: Info-current-file <ret> should do it.

Spoke before I checked.
That just gives the unqualified name.
If there are multiple files you need to look at
Info-current-subfile

I think the multi-file stuff is used to speed
things up since some info files would otherwise
be huge and you'd need to load the whole thing
just to see some small bit of it.