Re: multiple inf files?

From: rgb
Subject: Re: multiple inf files?
Date: 12 Feb 2007 06:34:54 -0800

On Feb 12, 7:58 am, "rgb" <rbiel...@i1.net> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 7:51 am, "rgb" <rbiel...@i1.net> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 12, 6:35 am, Hadron <hadronqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Why would my "info" interface (C-h i) show multiple info files for many
> > > of the sections? How would I query the physical info file location from
> > > the info interface?
>
> > It's stored in the variable Info-current-file.
> > So M-: Info-current-file <ret> should do it.
>
> Spoke before I checked.
> That just gives the unqualified name.
> If there are multiple files you need to look at
> Info-current-subfile
>
> I think the multi-file stuff is used to speed
> things up since some info files would otherwise
> be huge and you'd need to load the whole thing
> just to see some small bit of it.

After reading Peter's reply I think I misunderstood
part of your question.   I had a problem with
C-h i showing certain headings multiple times.
This was more than a year ago and I even sent
a bug report about it.
I rebuild from CVS regularly and the problem
dissappeared without ever being isolated.
Since nobody else seemed to be affected I always
assumed it was something local to my machine
and caused by something wrong during the build
process.

I'll be curious if you find the answer.