Re: M-x tex-print eliminates colors

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Re: M-x tex-print eliminates colors
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 01:59:23 GMT

> Am 15.02.2007 um 01:29 schrieb Joe Fineman:
>
>> from the Emacs shell and look at the resulting .dvi file with Yap,
>> the appropriate colors appear.  When I print it from the Yap window
>> on my hp all-in-one, the colors appear in the printout.
>>
>> When I run it using M-x tex-buffer, the colors likewise appear in
>> the .dvi file as viewed in Yap.  However, when I follow that up
>> with M-x tex-print, the resulting printout is black & white, except
>> that the green word appears gray.
>
> TeX-print can be defined as some system default print command for
> the file type DVI, or something else. Yap can have its own idea on
> how to convert DVI to whatever your *particular* printer accepts as
> input.  Differences are natural.
>>
>> tex-dvi-print-command's value is
>> "dvips -f * | gsprint - "
>
> Here dvips just acts as a filter. It has no idea of what your
> printer might be or accept. It's safe to filter colour to levels of
> grey.

Thank you for your efforts, but I am not in your league.  Does this
mean I should look up the syntax of dvips & figure out something to
substitute for those mysterious-looking arguments?  At the moment,
Google seems to be down.

In the meantime, I have noticed in _A Guide to Latex_ that "the color
package...recognizes the options: ...dvipsnames...usenames...".  So I
tried

\usepackage[dvips]{graphics,lscape,color,dvipsnames}

but Latex merely complained that it couldn't find dvipsnames.sty.
There is no such file anywhere on my system.  Same with usenames.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  He knew what's what, and that's as high  :||
||:  As metaphysic wit can fly.               :||