key bindings question with help and emacs-rails

From: Roland Swingler
Subject: key bindings question with help and emacs-rails
Date: 19 Feb 2007 02:07:36 -0800

Hi,

Apologies if these questions have been answered before, but I did a
quick search and couldn't come up with anything. Also, I have very
little experience with emacs-lisp, so this might be a simple question.

I'm running gnu emacs 21.4

I seem to have problems with some of my key bindings in two areas:

* The help keybinding doesn't work for me, instead it deletes a line
'backwards' (if that makes sense).
* The tab to complete snippets in emacs-rails mode doesn't do
anything.

I have had a look at the bindings by doing M-x help b, and I can't see
anything in the mode key bindings that overrides the C-h help-command
binding.

However, for the tabs, I have two (related?) bindings:

<tab> indent-or-complete
TAB ruby-indent-command

So what is the difference between <tab> and TAB? It seems that the
second ruby-indent-command is overriding the first indent-or-complete
command - how do I switch them around? I can still do M-x indent-or-
complete to get the expected behaviour, but that isn't the point of
auto-completing snippets!

Any help greatly apprecitaed,

TIA,
Roland