Re: M-x tex-print eliminates colors

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Re: M-x tex-print eliminates colors
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 02:21:54 GMT

Joe Fineman <joe_f@verizon.net> writes:

> I am running Emacs 21.3.1 and LaTeX 2e under Windows XP (for dummies
> %^).  When I run the .tex file

> \documentclass[10pt]{article}
> \usepackage{newcent}
> \usepackage[dvips]{graphics,lscape,color}
> \usepackage{newcent}
> \pagestyle{empty}
> \setlength{\oddsidemargin}{0in}
> \setlength{\topmargin}{0in}
> \setlength{\textheight}{9.5in}
> \setlength{\textwidth}{7in}
> \begin{document}
> \setlength{\baselineskip}{.1667in}
> \noindent
> black \textcolor{red}{red} \textcolor{green}{green}
> \textcolor{blue}{blue} black
> \end{document}
>
> from the Emacs shell and look at the resulting .dvi file with Yap, the
> appropriate colors appear.  When I print it from the Yap window on my
> hp all-in-one, the colors appear in the printout.
>
> When I run it using M-x tex-buffer, the colors likewise appear in the
> .dvi file as viewed in Yap.  However, when I follow that up with M-x
> tex-print, the resulting printout is black & white, except that the
> green word appears gray.  Also, the line appears about 18 mm higher on
> the page.
>
> tex-dvi-print-command's value is
> "dvips -f * | gsprint - "

FWIW, I have happened on the answer.  The problem is not in TeX, but
deep down in gsprint, which needs to be told to accept colors:

"dvips -f * | gsprint -color - "

So much for that.  But colors in .jpg & .eps files still do not make
it thru \includegraphics.  So I may be back.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  The regnant bitch permits no comment on her:    :||
||:  Once it was Sex, then Death, and now Dishonor.  :||