Re: Getting new versions of emacs for windows, ie. post 21.4

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Getting new versions of emacs for windows, ie. post 21.4
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:59:52 -0800

"RealityMonster" wrote:

> So I've checked these links:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq2.html#where-precompiled
>
> and
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en?CategoryWThirtyTwo
>
> Mew kindly asks that I use versions subsequent to 21.4, but the
> official gnu versions only go up to 21.3.

Any package that works on 21.4 will work on 21.3. Unless it
specifically checks for 21.4, but that would be very silly. The
differences between 21.3 and 21.4 were: one-line fix in movemail.
That's it. So if you're not using movemail with "a malicious POP
server", there's zero difference between 21.3 and 21.4.